Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Peer Review Recap Part 3

Once again, I didn't have a very good experience with peer review. Only one of my group mates sent me his essay. He chose to simply send me a copy and pasted version via email. It had no formatting and the subject was "edit or not". One of the other members kept sending me emails that didn't have a working link. Also, once again, I didn't receive very good feedback.

Going off of Chase's thoughts:

"One of the e-mails didn't even work, the other two sort of helped but weren't as far in depth. There needs to be a way to monitor if people actually gave feedback. Without that monitoring people are freely able to just do what they want, even if that includes that they don't do anything. E-mail is most definately the most useless form of peer review so far though. It is too hard to get useful feedback. So if I was you I would just take out this form of review and leave it on the google site, and maybe have them start a new document with just the info of who they reviewed, so that you can check if it was actually done or not."

I agree with him. I think that the best way to do peer review is on google docs. You can see who is participating, people HAVE NO CHOICE in participation, and its all public.

No comments: